A healthy diet gives you a healthy lifestyle as well as protects you from various risk factors such as heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, etc. When we say ‘healthy eating’ we do not mean depriving yourself of the foods that you love and staying thin or strict limitation about eating certain foods. It is about feeling great physically and mentally and healthy eating does not have to be overly complicated as some people make it. It is not really about foods that which one you should take and which one you shouldn’t, its all about the dietary pattern; a plan. An average 1200 calorie meal plan will help you against diseases and weight loss.
The basic thing to keep in mind is to replace processed food with real food. It will make a huge difference. You can make your nutritious diet which is good for your body as well as mind.
Healthy plans include the famous Mediterranean diet, DASH diet, and a Flexitarian diet.
The Mediterranean diet
It is a nutritious diet that includes three to four servings of dairy every day. It boosts the amount of vitamin D, potassium and calcium. The dairy products improve the quality of the diet which benefits health and controls blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
The dietary approaches to stop hypertension diet includes three serving of fat-free/low-fat dairy products per day. It is as effective as a full-fat dairy. It has so many positive health benefits including the prevention of heart diseases, the whole milk products help in lowering blood pressure.
In the flexitarian diet, there is a complete protein dairy milk products and loads of plants and a lot less meat. Dairy also provides calcium for vegetarians which is essential because plant-based proteins are incomplete and lack in providing building blocks that are the need of your body.
A healthy eating plan should never be a nutrients deficit and it should also include dairy products in it, which will provide essential nutrients to the body.
A healthy eating plan includes the following
- Vegetables, whole grains, fat-free/low-fat dairy products, and fruits intake.
- Restrict saturated and trans fats and sugar.
- Control portion sizes
- Eat more poultry, fish, beans, nuts, and eggs.
Tips to eat healthy
By following these tips, you can make a healthy plan yourself. All it needs is a little effort and focus on your part.
- Prepare your meals – it will be more healthy and you won’t exceed your calorie intake
- Eat less processed foods – causes weight gain and affects your health leading to various diseases such as heart and others.
- Read the labels – be aware of the ingredients that you are going to intake.
- Drink plenty of water – it will flush out toxins and wastes.
- Eat-in smaller portions – you will intake less calories
- Control emotional eating – Don’t eat due to stress or boredom instead of workout.
- Limit snack foods – unhealthy and you will gain weight.
- Eat breakfast which will prevent you from overeating.